Former Tottenham striker Darren Bent has claimed that Eddie Nketiah should avoid signing for Norwich this month.
Bent says that it would not help Nketiah to join a team such as Norwich or Aston Villa, due to them both struggling for wins in the Premier League. Instead, he believes a move to a top Championship team would be better suited.
Norwich had been linked, by Bristol Live, to Nketiah earlier in the window. However, the publication recently claimed that the Canaries have backed out of the race.
Speaking on TalkSport, as quoted by GOAL, Bent said this:
As far as Eddie Nketiah goes, I’d go somewhere like Bristol (City) or Sheffield Wednesday, a good Championship club that have aspirations of getting promoted. Not going to someone like Aston Villa or Norwich that are desperate for wins.

READ NORWICH VERDICT
I agree with Darren Bent. Nketiah struggled to get into the Leeds side in the first-half of the season, not starting a single league game, which does not suggest that he would be able to make an impact in the Premier League with Norwich or Villa. This means that he would be more suited to signing for a Championship club, like those he mentions above.
Norwich already have Teemu Pukki, Adam Idah and Josip Drmic on their books, who have scored a combined 13 goals in all competitions this season – a respectable return for a team bottom of the league. This means that Nketiah would face stiff competition at Carrow Road, which is not ideal for a young forward attempting to gain valuable experience.
All in all, it appears to be a good decision from Norwich to back out of the race for his signature. He seems to be more suited to a Championship loan, given the reasoning above, and Norwich are already well-stocked when it comes to strikers as it is.





